The GPMA was first incorporated in 1933 for the purpose of providing social interaction and education for its members while safeguarding the foot, ankle and leg health of all Georgians. The GPMA is a tax-exempt not-for-profit voluntary professional association. It currently represents more than 3 of every 4 podiatrists in Georgia. It provides a forum for the advancement of the art and science of podiatric medicine through ongoing medical education for its members. It serves as the voice of the profession in the Georgia legislature, dedicating itself to programs and activities that enhance the competence and success of the podiatric physician and the health and well-being of the citizens of Georgia. It serves as a valuable resource for consumer information the nature of podiatry, the importance of good foot health, and the availability of quality podiatric care.
The GPMA is a component society of the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA).
The corporate office of the GPMA is currently located at:
1975 Beverly Rd, Ste-B
Gainesville, GA 30501-2034.
In an effort to improve efforts in the arena of continuing medical education and public awareness of the nature and benefits of podiatric medicine, a separate non-profit, tax exempt 501-C-3 organization has been established. This entity is know as the Georgia Podiatric Medical Education Foundation. Although it is a separate entiry, it is presently housed in the same physical location as identified above.